TOP 10 FACTS TO KNOW ABOUT SIWELA WINES
Did You Know?
In 2020, Siwela Wines was awarded 4 Gold medals for the women in wine and spirit awards.
- Siwela Wines was established in 2018 with a clear vision to respond to need for transformation within the wine industry.
- Siwela Wines was founded by Siwela Sweetness Masoga, Biotechnologist & Winemaker .
- The founder has a strong background in Fermentation and Microbiology ,the key fundamentals to winemaking.
- Prior establishing the brand, the founder worked with various stakeholders ( companies and reputable winemakers ) within the industry which landed her vast experience in the production ,packaging and quality assurance in wine and spirits. She also completed various wine and winemaking courses to enhance her knowledge in wine.
- The company produces 10 different wines which vary both in style and price from entry level to premium wines.
6. Siwela wine ‘s produces 80 thousand units of wine annually and plans to extend its product offering to a wider range of beverages such as spirits and non-alcoholic wines/ juices .
7. The company recently launched its tasting room in Gauteng ( Kempton Park ),The urban winery. The tasting room is the first female youth and black owned establishment of the kind in South Africa.
8. Siwela Wines also offer informal wine classes /courses , tutored tastings ,consulting for restaurants and start-up wine businesses .
9. The company gives back to communities with its newly established foundation. The foundation raises funds through partial profits on selected wines to provide the less fortunate with clothes, food, and stationery etc.